So last friday (15 May 2009), I went to Tebrau City with 10 other friends to watch Angels and Demons. We went in two cars...Well, the car I sat was not too crowded unlike the other cars, the four guys behind had to squeeze like sardine fish (hey! Sardine is good and nutritional=)so must eat more!)Hmm...so we reached there around 3pm and we caught the 4.45pm show. I was actually full of anticipation as the book is really really nice. But, after watching the movie....I was totally disappointed. Why? Because 1. most of the ppl won't understand what's going on in the beginning unless he/she had read the book. 2. they changed the story.
Ok. For the 2nd reason. In the book, Vittoria Vetra was kidnapped by the assasin and Robert Langdon tried all means to find her (obviously, he's concerned about her). But this didn't appear in the movie. Then, Dan Brown wrote that in the end, all four cardinals were murdered. Again, this wasn't in the show. Instead of that, in the movie, the last cardinal survived which was Cardinal Baggia(one of the preferities) from Italy and he became the new Pope. Oh ya! Actually, it's was Robert Langdon who killed the assasin (not the car bomb!). Then, the movie didn't show why the Camerlengo want to convince the world that Illuminati (an ancient brotherhood) resurfaced in this world! There's a story behind that which I think it's quite important. Dunno why they cut that part=/
So, overall the movie disappointed me. Hmm...but I was surprised when I asked the others about their opinions about that thriller.
Baba: I don't understand the beginning. Only until after the anti-matter exploded then only I know what's going on. The last part of the movie was nice. So this movie is not bad! ( huh? really ah?)
Calvin: (ermm...can't remember what you said..pai seh pai seh)
Cv: Ok lar the movie... (What do you mean by "ok lar"-.-)
Pier: Hey, this movie is nice... (-.-"ya meh?)
Dae Dae: Bu chuo bu chuo. The scene when that thing explode was very nice.. (you go test how does it feel like to be one of the person standing at St.Peter's Square lo..)
Chong Han: Ermm....actually I felt asleep halfway through the movie. The movie is so-so only loh... (hey bro, I can understand why you can actually sleep during the movieXD)
Edmund: The movie is very very very nice! =) But I dunno why when I turned towards beside me, Chong Han was sleeping. TERkejut..haha.. (Well, you should wake him up next time if this happens again..lolXD)
Hmm....maybe next time I should watch the movie first before reading the book. Hey, just remembered haven't watch Twilight as well as read the books!..Hope Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will not be disappointing.
Wah,you can sit any posture in the car then 'suan' us crowded like sardine fish in other car hor,NOT BAD, NOT BAD...
ReplyDeleteLuckily all four of you are very thin..if not ah......cham loh...suffer...haha...
ReplyDelete