Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A lesson

Last friday, after school, went for lunch at Pak Li
with J-xi, Ah Hwa and Zi Hong. So we were chit chatting and somehow after J-xi asked
ZH about the volunteering work the next day, I sort of straight away told J-xi I might join also. Haha..After Pak Li, ZH belanja us Chocotop! or rather we forced him..LOL=P
Anyway, thanks for the treat!=D

So, the next morning, early morning! 7.15am. We went to wait at the busstop.
Somehow, we dragged and dragged.....managed to reach PJ only around 9am@@
We were late! Supposed to be there by 8.15am.
So we were divided into groups of three. Oh ya! There were over 70 volunteers that day and around 19 were from INTEC. I'm in the first group (Red) and so I departed with 20 other volunteers first. OMG! We were brought to the housing area by a lorry! That was definitely a wild experience for me! We were like goods on a lorry, inside was super stuffy and small. Try imagining. Nevertheless, it was fun=)

So once we reached the area we were to cover, we started pushing the trolley and collecting recycleable items door-to-door. At first, I thought only minority of the ppl living there would even bother to talk to us. I was wrong! A lot of them actually knew about this recycling event and they actually reserved a lot of stuff for us (newspapers, books, clothes, shoes, funiture, washing machine, old laptop and scanner etc). I was amazed by how friendly the people there are! A lady even offered to give me her high heels! LOL...

I thought the people there would actually be very bad tempered and would sort of talk in a very unfriendly way. Again I was wrong, even when they do not have anything to give us, they did not scold us. Instead, they rejected us politely and asked where were we from so that next time they can deliver those items themselves to the church that is organising this event!

It was fruitful! We managed to collect tons of recycleable items. So, around 1pm, we gathered at a field and that was when the hard part started! We were to sort all the items out! Newspapers, cardboards, plastic bottles, rough papers, magazines, metals, aluminium etc etc etc.. and that was the first time in my life I ever saw so many newspapers! I think there were more than 2000kg of them! Fortunately, we had lots of strong young men to help with carrying all those heavy stuff! haha..XD I really learnt a lot of things from this volunteer work. The funds collected from selling all these items would be donated to a disabled people workshop in PJ. We did went to the workshop to have a look. I learnt a lot from there too=)

So, after cleaning up the whole field, we returned to the church and had lunch there. Oh dear, we were famished! haha...then we gave our feedbacks and the church people invited us to a bbq party this coming saturday. Pity we couldn't make it. From this event, I made lots of new friends and it was really an eye-opener for me!

After finishing up everything, me, J-xi and ZH, randomly went to Petaling Street! haha..it was a last minute decision actually. We shopped there, we ate there etc etc etc.. And we really used up our bargaining skills! While barganing, the sellers keep calling us lengzai and lenglui..LOL...
Me and J-xi bought sunglasses after bargaining! and you know what! we managed to bargain from rm 110 to rm 70 for ZH's shoes! How good we are indeed! HAHA..

Then we ate at a kopitiam and ordered lots of stuff. And we kept adding marks for ZH for his gentleman-ness! LOL...he indeed is a gentleman. The three of us had a great time laughing at each others peculiar behaviour! haha..Oh ya! we actually went to this shop that sells traditional stuff like cheongsam, samfu etc... so both J-xi and ZH tried out the traditional hat! and we sort of took the chance to snap some photos before the shopkeeper came back. I wanted to try and ZH did offered to help me take one pic, but then I was too timid and scared that the shopkeeper would scold (at that time, she was staring at us with her round round eyes!). So we went on to other shops. Then at a shoeshop, ZH came across a very weird pair of shoes I would say. It looks like an orange stone when he wore it! Pity no picture taking=/ but he actually thought of buying and wearing it to INTEC. We were like==""""".....

Haha..after that, we started heading back to the lrt station. HAHA, we ran for the ktm without even noticing if it was the right one! And thank god, it was the correct one! If not, we sure belasah ZH de..haha...then after we arrived at our ktm station, the bus were there! How lucky we were need not to wait! haha..

To sum up! I did not regret going to such meaningful event and I did enjoy myself a lot that day=)

1 comment: